- 32 oz plain yogurt
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp curry powder, optional
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber (1 scoop = 1 serving)
- To make the cheese (28 to 30 hours): Line a strainer with a double thickness of cheesecloth and set it over a large bowl. Place the yogurt, salt, fiber, curry powder and cayenne, if using, in a large bowl and stir to combine. Transfer the yogurt to the strainer and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Place the bowl and strainer in the refrigerator and let the liquid strain off into the bowl beneath it for 24 hours. Cover a large plate with several thicknesses (about 6 to 8) of cloth toweling and transfer the strained yogurt to the prepared plate. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let sit, refrigerated, for 4 to 6 hours.
- To make the cheese balls: Scrape the yogurt from the towel into a medium-size bowl. Serve in a bowl with assorted crackers and breads, or shape tablespoonfuls of the cheese into balls. If desired, garnish the cheese balls with chopped nuts, seeds (such as poppy or caraway) or a light sprinkling of spice like paprika or cinnamon. Store refrigerated and tightly covered for up to 3 days.