This is the last week of American Heart Month, but it’s a reminder that you should be taking preventative measure year round for a healthy heart. Encourage your family members and friends to do the same! Eating healthy is a step in the right direction for a healthy heart.
5 Goals to Healthy Eating
Eating healthy is easier than you might think. Add these simple healthy eating habits to your daily life over the next few weeks and you’ll see just how easy it is. By making small changes like these over time, and taking them one at a time, not trying to rush into all of them at once, the changes are more likely to stick.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Aim for 4-5 servings each of fruits and vegetables every day, if you consume a 2,000 calorie diet. Vegetable or 100% fruit juice counts toward this goal.
- Eat more whole-grain foods. Like fruits and vegetables, whole-grain foods are low in saturated fat and cholesterol and rich in fiber. Whole-grain foods include whole-wheat bread, rye bread, brown rice and whole-grain cereal.
- Use liquid vegetable oils such as olive, canola, corn or safflower as your main kitchen fat. Limit how much fat or oil you use in cooking, and use liquid vegetable oils in place of solid fats.
- Eat more chicken, fish and beans than other meats. In general, skinless poultry, fish and vegetable protein (such as beans) are lower in saturated fat and cholesterol than other meats (beef, pork and lamb).
- Read food labels to help you choose healthy foods. Food labels provide information to help you make better food choices. Learn what information to look for (for example, sodium content) and how to find it quickly and easily.
Don’t forget that you can easily incorporate Pinnaclife’s Prebiotic Fiber into any recipe for your daily dose of fiber!
And remember, we may not get all of the nutrients we need from our food. It is important to use supplementation as a way to ensure your body is receiving all the daily values of vitamins and minerals it needs to survive! Pinnaclife can be the natural solution to your everyday heath problems!