There are many types of infection that can cause harm to babies before birth. However, there are also many ways to help prevent these infections by understanding how they can be transmitted to the baby and by taking simple precautions.
Babies have underdeveloped immune systems so while you are pregnant…
- Wash your hands thoroughly after taking care of young children who can carry germs such as CMV even without appearing sick.
- Avoid kissing young children on or around the mouth as they can carry CMV and other germs.
- Have someone else change your cat’s litter box to avoid toxoplasmosis germs which can harm your baby. Wear gloves when gardening!
- Handle food properly and don’t consume any unpasteurized food products,soft cheeses, or undercooked poultry or meat to avoid listeria and other germs.
and after your baby is born…
- Have everyone (including the hospital staff!) wash their hands before touching your baby.
- Be especially cautious so that your baby does not come into contact with any germs from cold sores (herpes).
- BREASTFEEDING IS ESSENTIAL FOR PASSING ANTIBODIES TO YOUR BABY. (Breast milk is BRAIN and IMMUNITY food!)
Pinnaclife promotes health and wellness for everyone! Whether you are an expectant mother or not, you should be taking daily supplements to ensure your body is getting all of the nutrients it needs to survive! Supplements can help fight diseases and keep your body strong and healthy.