We added Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber for added nutritional benefit!
- 6 medium sweet potatoes or yams (2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Braeburn apples, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 c. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Hy-Vee apple juice
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee honey
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee butter, melted
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp finely grated orange peel
- 1/2 c. Hy-Vee pecan pieces
- Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber: 1 scoop = 1 serving
- Place sweet potatoes and apples in a 2- to 3-1/2-quart slow cooker. Mix together brown sugar, apple juice, honey, butter, cinnamon, orange peel, and Fiber. Spoon over sweet potatoes. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours or until potatoes and apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook nuts in an ungreased heavy skillet over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until golden brown and fragrant.
- Sprinkle with pecans just before serving.