Alzheimer’s disease is not just memory loss – Alzheimer’s kills.
• In 2010, 83,494 Americans died of Alzheimer’s disease – the 6th leading cause of death in the United States overall and the 5th leading cause of death for those aged 65 and older.
• Among 70-year-olds with Alzheimer’s, 61 percent are expected to die within a decade. Among 70-year-olds without Alzheimer’s, only 30 percent will die within a decade.
• Deaths from Alzheimer’s increased 68 percent between 2000 and 2010, while deaths from other major diseases, including the number one cause of death (heart disease), decreased.
• Alzheimer’s is the only cause of death among the top 10 in America without a way to prevent it, cure it or even slow its progression.
• Dementia is the second largest contributor to death among older Americans, second only to heart failure.
Today, there are no survivors of Alzheimer’s. If you do not die from it, you die with it.
• One in every three seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another dementia.
• In 2013, an estimated 450,000 people in the United States will die with Alzheimer’s, meaning they will die after developing the disease.
How Pinnaclife Can Help With Alzheimer’s
Consider Antioxidants. Oxidative stress is a kind of cellular level damage that can have serious health-effecting consequences. Oxidative stress is caused by the build-up of harmful free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) within the cell. Antioxidants bind to and quench ROS and free radicals reducing their ability to damage the cell.
Olivamine10TM is a proprietary blend of several antioxidants. Its main ingredient is the powerful antioxidant pulled from the olive, hydroxytyrosol. It contains L-cysteine and glycine, which gives the body the components it needs in order to make glutathione, which works against oxidative stress. It also has several protective amino acids and other antioxidants. Today scientists are beginning to understand that oxidative stress damage accumulated over time can cause or speed the progression of several diseases.
Oxidative Stress and Alzheimer’s. The brain has a lower tolerance for ROS than the rest of the body because it is especially dependent upon oxygen to carry out its duties. Post-mortem studies of Alzheimer’s patient’s brains show a high level of oxidative stress-induced damage.1, 2N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), when paired with Lipoic Acid (LA), protected mitochondrial function within Alzheimer’s cell lines.3 Both NAC and LA can be found in Pinnaclife’s Multivitamin.