Great Hy-Vee recipe for a summer dish!
- 6 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 6 medium ripe avocados
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, plus more if desired
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Hy-Vee organic yellow corn tortilla chips
- 3/4 c. finely crumbled or grated Mexican queso fresco, queso añejo, salted pressed farmer’s cheese, firm goat cheese, mild feta cheese or Romano cheese
- 3/4 c. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 c. Hy-Vee sliced pickled jalapeños
- 1/2 c. crumbled crisp-fried Hy-Vee bacon
- Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber – optional for added nutritional benefit!
- Place unpeeled garlic in a small dry skillet over medium heat; cook, turning occasionally, until soft and blackened in spots, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool, then slip off the skins; finely chop. Scoop avocado flesh into a large bowl. Add the garlic, cilantro and lime juice to taste. Coarsely mash everything together. Season with salt. Transfer to a serving bowl and place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon a little guacamole on a chip and top with your choice of garnishes.