Meet Hy-Vee Dietitian Julie Gieseman and Eat Green with Hy-Vee!
Are you like one of the many people falling short of the USDA recommendation to eat 3 cups of dark green vegetables per week? As your Mills Civic Hy-Vee dietitian, and a busy Mom, I’m always looking for ways to make eating healthy convenient. That’s why I love to blend this spinach smoothie up for a quick breakfast on-the-go. Dark green leafy vegetables are, calorie for calorie, probably the most concentrated source of nutrition of any food. So, what better way to sneak more spinach into the diet than this smoothie? With the combination of other flavors, once you blend it well, you won’t even believe you’re eating spinach! Talk to your local Hy-Vee dietitian for more healthy meal and snack ideas and let us help make your life easier, healthier and happier!
All you need:
- 1 c. Full Circle vanilla almond milk
- 1 banana, frozen in one-inch chunks
- 1 (6 oz) container Hy-Vee vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Parkers natural peanut butter, creamy
- 3 c. raw baby spinach
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop Pinnaclife pre-biotic fiber, optional
All you do
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Enjoy!