- 1/4 c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 c. Hy-Vee flour
- 6 c. Hy-Vee 2% milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 (16 oz each) bags frozen Hy-Vee broccoli florets
- 3 c. Hy-Vee shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste
- Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber–for added nutritional benefit!
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; stir in onions and saute 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add milk, nutmeg and broccoli. Stirring frequently, bring to a low simmer. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and black pepper. (Add fiber to mixture)
- Transfer batches of mixture to a blender and pulse several times until or until desired texture.
- Return to Dutch oven to heat through.