- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee Select olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can Hy-Vee tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Hy-Vee crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 c. vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounces each) cans Hy-Vee black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 c. packed chopped baby kale
- 12 (1/4 inch) slices Hy-Vee Baking Stone pretzel bread
- Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 3 ounces Hy-Vee 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in tomato paste, cumin and crushed red pepper flakes. Add vegetable broth, black beans and sweet potatoes; stir and bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in kale. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, spray both sides of bread with butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and chives. Spread on toasted bread slices. Serve with soup.
Taken from Hy-Vee: http://www.hy-vee.com/meal-solutions/recipes/Black-Bean-Soup-with-Sweet-Potatoes-and-Kale-R7294.aspx