Everyone loves a good pasta dish, especially when it’s cold outside. Pair it with a nice loaf of warm garlic bread and yummmm dinner is ready! Try this Hy-Vee easy recipe!
- 8 oz Hy-Vee whole wheat rotini
- 1/2 pound 85%-lean ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (26 oz) jar Prego™ Heart Smart Italian Sauce
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee Italian seasoning
- Hy-Vee finely shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber – added nutritional benefit!
- Prepare rotini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef, onion and green pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat until ground beef is browned and vegetables are soft. Drain and return to pan. Add pasta sauce and Italian seasoning and heat through. (Add Pinnaclife Fiber to sauce!)
- To serve, place cooked pasta on each plate, top with meat sauce and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Serve with apple slices.