Happy Holidays from Pinnaclife! Enjoy this time with your family and friends, here is a great Christmas cookie recipe from Hy-Vee!
- 1/2 c. Hy-Vee butter, softened
- 1 c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- 1 Hy-Vee large egg
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Hy-Vee baking cocoa
- 1/4 tsp Hy-Vee baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Hy-Vee baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 2 (11 ounce each) packages white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. crushed peppermint candies (about 16)
- **added nutritional benefit: Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber
- In a large bowl beat butter with electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar; beat until well mixed. Beat in egg and peppermint extract.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Divide dough in half. On plastic wrap, shape each half into a 7-inch long log. Roll up in plastic wrap and tuck under ends. Freeze at least 45 minutes or refrigerate at least 1-1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unwrap and cut logs into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown on bottom. Cool.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions, being very careful not to overheat as this will cause chocolate to be very thick. Dip cookies into melted chocolate, scraping off excess on side of bowl. Place on waxed paper. Immediately sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Cool until firm. Store in a covered container at room temperature or in refrigerator.