- 2 tbsp Grand Selections olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried sage leaves
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 6 c. Hy-Vee chicken broth or vegetable broth, divided
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- Freshly ground Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste
- 8 tbsp Hy-Vee sour cream, for garnish
- Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds, for garnish (see recipe)
- **added nutritional benefit Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic; cook and stir until onion is translucent and celery is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme, sage and salt.
- Stir in 4 cups broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin; cover and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Carefully puree in several batches in food processor. Return to saucepan; stir in 1 cup broth. If soup is too thick, gradually stir in more broth until desired consistency is reached. Heat through. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with sour cream and Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds, if desired.