Get into the holiday spirit this weekend with this great sugar cookie recipe from Hy-Vee! Incorporate Pinnaclife’s Prebiotic Fiber for some added nutritional benefits!
- 1 c. Hy-Vee shortening
- 1 c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- 2 Hy-Vee large eggs
- 1/4 c. Hy-Vee skim milk
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 c. Hy-Vee flour
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee baking powder
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Hy-Vee salt
- Hy-Vee flour, for rolling cookies
- *For added nutritional benefit add 2 scoops Pinnaclife’s Prebiotic Fiber!
- In a large mixing bowl beat together shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to shortening mixture and beat until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Dust work surface with flour. Roll each quarter 1/8-inch thick, cut with cookie cutters and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Frost with Sugar Cookie Frosting.