Friday Fiber Post
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 c. sugar*
- 1 c. cooking oil
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon*
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened*
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c. sifted powdered sugar*
- **Added nutritional benefit: Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber
- In mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar*, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon*, salt and baking soda.
- Add to pumpkin mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread batter in ungreased 15-by-10-by-1-inch (jelly roll) baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool before frosting.
- Spread icing on cooled bars. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator. Makes 2 dozen.
- To make cream cheese icing, beat together cream cheese* and butter*. Stir in vanilla. Add powdered sugar*, a little bit at a time, beating well, until mixture is smooth.
- *VARIATION #1: Use 2 cups sugar in bars. Use 8 ounces softened cream cheese, 3/4 stick butter (melted), 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3-1/4 cups powdered sugar in frosting.
- *VARIATION #2: Decrease cinnamon to 1 teaspoons, increase sugar to 2 cups and add 1 teaspoon vanilla in bars. Use 3 ounces softened cream cheese, 3/4 stick softened margarine, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons milk and 3 cups powdered sugar in frosting.