Friday Fiber Recipe!
- 2 c. Hy-Vee sugar
- 1 c. Grand Selections olive oil
- 3 Hy-Vee large eggs
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee vanilla
- 2 c. coarsely grated zucchini (about 1 large)
- 1 (8 oz) can Hy-Vee crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee baking soda
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 1/2 tsp Hy-Vee baking powder
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee cinnamon
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee nutmeg
- 1 c. Hy-Vee walnut pieces
- 1 c. Hy-Vee dried cranberries
- *Added nutritional benefit – 2 scoops Prebiotic Fiber
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 5-by-9-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, olive oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add dry ingredients 1/3 at a time to wet and stir after each time. Add walnuts and cranberries and mix. Divide batter equally between prepared pans. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks and cool.