- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (1.25 oz) package Hy-Vee taco seasoning
- 3/4 c. water
- 2 c. uncooked Hy-Vee tri-color rotini
- 3 c. chopped romaine leaves
- 2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 c. chopped jicama
- 1 c. shredded Hy-Vee Mexican 4-cheese blend
- 1/2 c. light Catalina dressing
- *Added nutritional bonus: add ¼ cup Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber to the water in step 2.
- Brown ground beef with jalapeno pepper; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water and cook according to directions on seasoning packet. Cool.
- Meanwhile, cook rotini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, stir together romaine, tomatoes, jicama, cheese, dressing, beef and pasta.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours before serving.
Recipe provided by Hy-Vee