- 2 pounds small potatoes, preferably heirloom
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 2 ounces smoked ham, sliced into strips
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives or scallions
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint or dill
- 3/4 c. nonfat buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee lemon juice
- 1 tbsp peanut or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 hard-boiled Hy-Vee large eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- *Added nutritional bonus: add 1/4 cup Pinnaclife Prebiotic Fiber to buttermilk
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, until just tender, 12 to 20 minutes, depending on their size. Drain and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, taste a bit of potato skin—if it’s bitter or tough, peel the potatoes. Otherwise, leave the skins on. Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces and put them in a large salad bowl.
- Add celery, ham, parsley, chives (or scallions) and mint (or dill) to the potatoes. Toss to combine. Add buttermilk, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Gently stir in chopped egg. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- To make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
Recipe provided by Hy-Vee