Today kicks off Men’s Health Week in honor of Father’s Day this upcoming Sunday. While celebrating the important males in our lives, it is important that we help them to prevent disease by choosing healthy lifestyle options. The purpose of Men’s Health Month is to increase awareness of preventable health problems and encourage early detection and treatment of disease among men and boys.
- Women are 100% more likely to visit the doctor for annual examinations and preventive services than men.
- 1 in 2 men are diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime compared to 1 in 3 women.
- On average, men die almost 6 years younger than women.
- The leading cause of death in men is Heart Disease.
- Approximately 30,000 men in the US die each year from prostate cancer.
- More men are uninsured than women.
Help to show the males in your life that you care by encouraging them to get frequent screenings and check ups to help prevent disease!
Check out more great facts and resources for prevention!