UV Safety Month is a great time to spread the message of sun, fun, and UV safety to your community.
Ultraviolet (UV) radiation is the main cause of skin cancer. UV rays can also damage your eyes.
Anyone can get skin cancer, but the risk is greatest for people with:
- White or light-colored skin with freckles
- Blond or red hair
- Blue or green eyes
You can take these steps to help prevent skin cancer:
- Stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher.
- Cover up with long sleeves and a hat.
- Check your skin regularly for any changes.